Like Giacomo Salazonni, he comes across as a counter-culturist with his head screwed on straight. I look forward to meeting him one day. He has the same type of energy and enthusiasm as I have seen from the Buster brothers of Global Buckets renown. America desperately needs thousands more young people like the Urban Farming Guys and Buster brothers. They represent our future.
You can listen to a podcast interview with Jason and watch other Urban Farming Guys (and gals) on YouTube sharing their enthusiasm and experiences with urban renewal and urban farming that I call urban greenscaping. Go guys!
Today Jason Fields joins us from The Urban Farming Guys. Jason is part of a group of about 20 families who have purposefully uprooted from out of their comfortable suburban homes. They then relocated to one of the worst neighborhoods in Kansas City with the goal of transforming it.
Each family has purchased a home within a 5 block radius of each other and put down in order to change lives and improve a community. Every family maintains a personal garden and actively works together on numerous community projects, such as green houses, a developing community center, raising chickens and more.
Join us today as we discuss…
* How 20 families dropped a crime rate just by showing up
* Linking up with neighborhood associations and watches
* Getting rid of drug dealers the easy way
* How community gardens are instilling a sense of pride
* Making your own methane with a bio digester
* Storing your bio gas to use for cooking and heating
* Getting items to create biogas from for free
* Growing over 1000 tilapia in an area the size of a small room
* The sacrifices associated with this type of project and the rewards