The big news is that it is available at Home Depot. I have never agreed with the EarthBox policy of not distributing through big box stores. It was inevitable that this policy would open the door to a competitive product. So, here it is.
Incidentally, like the EarthBox, it is also made (or imported) by a company in Pennsylvania.
I should have my City Pickers SIP in the next few days. It retails for $20.97 online. It cost me $31.56 including 2-day shipping and tax. Buy $249 worth and they ship free.
As many of you know I have a plant lab in my apartment but no yard. The City Pickers SIP is going out on the fire escape where I grew some vegetables back in 2009.
I will plant it with salad greens. Stay tuned for much more about this planter including an array of closeup photos.
Please comment if you have seen this at Home Depot and if you have any experience with it. Your information will be most helpful to other readers.
Turn your patio into a personal garden with the City Pickers 24-1/2 in. Patio Garden Kit. The self-contained watering system automatically waters your plants and has drainage holes to help prevent over watering. The mulch cover helps prevent weed growth, and the aeration screen helps provide a sufficient amount of air to the plant roots.
* Assembled dimension: 24.25 in. W x 20.25 in. D x 9.5 in. H
* Self-contained watering system automatically waters plants, holds up to 2 gallons and has drainage holes to prevent over watering
* Aeration screen helps provide the proper amount of air to plant roots
* Mulch cover helps eliminate weeds and conserve water
* Casters allow for easy movement
* Includes setup instructions and gardening instructions and tips
* Made from durable, UV-protected resin