Yes I am a Costco shopper. This is from a recent Costco newslettter. Of course there are cheaper ways to compost but I thought this was a very cool product and I may buy one for use by CuGreen.
I was a pinboy as a kid and spent a lot of time bowling. This looks like a giant bowling ball to me. Watch the video.
The CompoMaker was designed in Isreal and of course it is made in China. Does anyone have experience with this composter?
Limited Time Offer:Valid for orders placed February 18, 2011 through March 13, 2011. While supplies last.Online price$249.99 Less-$50.00YOUR COST$199.99CompoMaker
This cutting edge composter-tumbler specifically addresses the three challenges of breaking down fresh material in the shortest amount of time to create rich black soil. Lawn, garden & kitchen vegetable materials need heat, moisture and a lot of oxygen to break down quickly. The decomposing process creates heat on its own, and our black exterior adds to that heat. This natural heating process is maintained over time by constantly infusing oxygen into the ball, and the more oxygen the better because composting stops without it. Special patented air tubes protrude inward toward the center of the ball allowing air to reach all parts of the compost pile within. Those tubes also break up clumps in the compost as it is turned or tumbled. The moisture is maintained within the composter due to its enclosed design.
Note that the tumbling action takes place whether you turn the ball on its ball bearing ring base which is included, or simply roll the Compomaker in the yard or garden.
- Those who compost help reduce existing and new landfill sites
- Revolutionary and patented design simplifies mixing by rolling the composter
- Ball bearing base makes turning the ‘pile’ easier, or just roll it where needed
- Attractive, fun and simple to use
- Interior protruding air tubes bring required oxygen to the center of the composting pile
- Patented 2-in-1lid system allows choice of large or smaller opening on each use
- Can remove compost with lid opened near the ground, just scoop it where you want it
- Reduce yard waste by at least 50%
- Turns your yard clippings, garden & kitchen vegetable waste into rich soil
- Create super rich compost in 4-6 weeks in certain conditions and add nutrients to your gardens
- Recycles nutrients back into the soil and also use compost as mulch to reduce weeds
- Made of recycled and recyclable materials
- Heavy duty materials for long lasting use in all seasons
- Assembly takes approximately 1 hour with household tools using pictured instruction booklet
- This unit comes partially assembled
- Large 71 gallon capacity
- Dimensions: 32” diameter
- Warranty: 1 year warranty against manufacturer’s defects
- Engineered and developed in Israel, Made in China